Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Brown Sugar

Before we married expectations

we just lived in the now

picked flowers tossed in wind

kissed with eyes closed

looked forward to forgetting everything

young and wishful, we never tasted doubt

and now I'm wishing I never tasted you.

I used to watch Brown Sugar on repeat. Triggering memories of my first love and the possibilities of us. I was 12 when I met him. 16 when I let him know me. 18 when I tried to hate him. Then 23 when I finally forgave him. He was a pathway to something beautiful; paved with sweet lies, and chocolate kisses, covered in saliva from various women. I loved it though; this is why I couldn't let go. Brown Sugar filled me with thoughts of forever, he plus me; I cried. Sang the the sound track..."love of my life, you are my friend..."
friend, friend, friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment