Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Killing Time

"As if you could kill time, without injuring eternity."

This is the saying my mother shared with me, as I told her I date. "Any perspectives?" she asked. Of course my response was no... not yet. Just entertaining myself (for lack of a better phrase.)

"So you're killing time?"

"I guess you could say that" I responded.

And there it was this phrase that I have never heard in my life;

"As if you could kill time, without injuring eternity."

It makes complete sense to me... so undoubtedly my response was silence.

I know that you cannot kill time without injuring eternity. But said like this, at this moment gave me some sort of revelation.

What have I been doing not just in the dating world, but in my life. Every minute counts right? Have I been utilizing my seconds wisely?

Have I lost respect for time?

No comments:

Post a Comment