Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Religious, Maybe?

Religious, Maybe? (Am I Really Single # 2)

I never knew he was the religious type, until he told the people at the bar I was his lady. Speaking what is not, as if it were...

Last conversation we had, I minimized us to lust. Told him, sexy, intelligent, spiritual and all, I'm good. You cannot give me what I want. My conclusion was cool though, I have a lot on my plate, entertaining a male companion is not in my schedule... not yet at least.

Even with no desire to "have" him, he was looking quite pleasing to my eyes last night. I tried to do the head nod and keep it moving; but, he wasn't having that. Grabbed my arm, pulled me in-- for a hug. (Yeah he's grabbing again...no kiss this time-he's learning, even if it is at his own pace.) Hugs, are cool, I'm a hugger. Anything beyond that with no "true attachment" to you, is a problem. But I guess I didn't make a big enough fuss last go 'round with this cat.

Or maybe I did, time passed, I had a few drinks and I made my way to and almost from the ladies room without an incident. That was, until someone tried to holla... twice. He was "Watching" me, and he definitely wasn't having that. So to mark territory that he never marked, he approached this man, and simply said, I guess you didn't get the picture... this is my lady!

So of course the questions I asked myself when evaluating my single state resurfaced. What have I said or done to give him the impression that it's cool to claim me? I chucked it up to religion-- he must know his Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment