Thursday, April 8, 2010

Workability of Website

When asking people to review my website www.justsea.wordpress.com to determine the workability of it, I was quite nervous. I was asking for honesty, but still hoping that the feedback was positive, which it was (mostly ; )

The ease of WordPress allowed me to input the pages and content I wanted on the pages. After which a navigation bar was created, for both the top and the bottom of the home page. Therefore I received a lot of good feedback on the accessibility of the website. You read the link, you clicked the page, and wala (if that's how you spell it, and if that is a word).

Although navigating the site was easy, everything wasn't known. For an example, on the Poem Page, visitors did not know that they could click a picture to enlarge, and also to get an individual poem on a page by itself. It was more like a "hidden treasure" along the way. With this in mind, I will create one line to simply state this. Something like Click a picture, read a poem. Or something to that affect. People also asked me what the small picture was next to the Just S.E.A. on the first page, so increasing size there could be beneficial.

Overall, I received a lot of good feedback; most of the questions or concerns were dealing more with the size of graphics on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment