Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Baltimore

It took me quite some time to come to terms and peace with my remaining time pursuing my MFA. I was smoking more, to calm my nerves. Venting to all who would listen. Glasses of wine were frequent.

I regretted my decision to move to Baltimore, to go to school in Baltimore, and most importantly the choice of UB. But with three classes left before graduation (5 including the 2 I'm currently taking) what do I do? Bitch and complain, or suck it up and write letters?

Well, I did both, and am still in the process of writing letters, or was that bitching?
Either way, I have found a happy disconnect. Working, schooling and living in Baltimore; I'm not angry anymore.
Disappointed yes. As I look back I remember conversation after conversation before I even relocated to Baltimore; the goal was early graduation. I was told it was feasible; but, somehow down the line the vision was blurred. With my vision still intact I fought, through words.

Words were lost and denied. Although my request was not granted, I find back scratching satisfaction when people (with whom I had to come in contact with regarding this situation) cannot look in my eye.

Hmmm... When you're right, you know you're right. And when you are wrong... You know that too...

No comments:

Post a Comment