Friday, March 26, 2010

Natural Hair!

Place: New Jersey- In my father's kitchen.
Year: 2002
Month: May


I sat in this high chair that allowed my feet to swing, and I think, I may have been smiling. It had been years now since I said I was going natural; I was finally going to grow my locks. Tired of twisting my mothers and (especially) my father's hair and watching it get longer and longer, and I was still "permed out." I had to do something; so I sat and waited. I had just told my father to take it off! Yes, I said it cut my hair off! Of course my father resisted at first, he wasn't going to cut his baby girl's hair-- but he did. Still smiling, I watched the hair drop from my head, to the floor.

My first step, and I wouldn't take it back for the world!

I love my hair!!

No comments:

Post a Comment